(1) Florentin S, Reuveni I, Rosca P, Zwi-Ran SR, Neumark Y. Schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder? A 50-year assessment of diagnostic stability based on a national case registry. Schizophr Res 2023;252:110-117.
(2) Bar-Zeev Y, Shauly-Aharonov M, Neumark Y, Hirshoren N. Changes in Smoking Behavior, Stress, and Sleep Duration Among Israeli Hospital Workers During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Cross-sectional Study. Nicotine Tob Res 2023;25(2):274-281.
(3) Bashkin O, Otok R, Kapra O, Czabanowska K, Barach P, Baron-Epel O, et al. Identifying the Gaps Between Public Health Training and Practice: A Workforce Competencies Comparative Analysis. Int J Public Health 2022;67.
(4) Neumark Y, Bar-Lev A, Barashi D, Benenson S. A feasibility study of the use of medical clowns as hand-hygiene promoters in hospitals. PLoS ONE 2022;17(12 December).
(5) Bashkin O, Otok R, Leighton L, Czabanowska K, Barach P, Davidovitch N, et al. Emerging lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic about the decisive competencies needed for the public health workforce: A qualitative study. Front Public Health 2022;10.
(6) Libman V, Macarov M, Friedlander Y, Goldman-Mellor S, Israel S, Hochner-Celnikier D, et al. Postpartum women's attitudes to disclosure of adult-onset conditions in pregnancy. Prenat Diagn 2022;42(8):1038-1048.
(7) Kertes J, Stein Reisner O, Grunhaus L, Nezry R, Alcalay T, Azuri J, et al. Comparison of Smoking Cessation Program Registration, Participation, Smoking Cessation Medication Utilization, and Abstinence Rates Between Smokers With and Without Schizophrenia, Schizo-affective Disorder, or Bipolar Disorder. Nicotine Tob Res 2022;24(5):670-678.
(8) Kertes J, Neumark Y, Grunhaus L, Stein-Reisner O. Factors impeding psychiatrists from promoting smoking cessation among people with serious mental illness–A mixed methods study. Int J Ment Health 2022.
(9) Kertes J, Stein Reisner O, Grunhaus L, Neumark Y. Adherence to smoking cessation guidelines (5As) by psychiatrists and primary care physicians for persons with serious mental illness. J Addict Dis 2022;40(4):463-471.
(10) Bashkin O, Dopelt K, Mor Z, Leighton L, Otok R, Duplaga M, et al. The future public health workforce in a changing world: A conceptual framework for a european–israeli knowledge transfer project. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2021;18(17).
(11) Florentin S, Neumark Y, Raskin S, Bdolah-Abram T, Rosca P. Differential Effect of Community Rehabilitation Reform on Hospitalizations of Patients with Chronic Psychotic Disorders With and Without Substance Use Disorder, Israel, 1991–2016. Adm Policy Ment Health Ment Health Serv Res 2021;48(2):354-362.
(12) Florentin S, Rosca P, Bdolah-Abram T, Neumark Y. Community Rehabilitation and Hospitalizations Among People With Chronic Psychotic Disorder: Is There a Differential Association by Co-occurring Substance Use Disorder? Front Psychiatry 2021;12.
(13) Bar-Zeev Y, Shauly M, Lee H, Neumark Y. Changes in smoking behaviour and home-smoking rules during the initial COVID-19 lockdown period in Israel. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2021;18(4):1-12.
(14) Kertes J, Neumark Y, Grunhaus L, Stein-Reisner O. Comparison of Perceptions and Smoking Cessation Experiences Between Smokers With and Without Serious Mental Illness in a Large Health Maintenance Organization. J Dual Diagn 2021;17(4):284-295.
(15) Kertes J, Stein Reisner O, Grunhaus L, Neumark Y. The Impact of Smoking Cessation on Hospitalization and Psychiatric Medication Utilization among People with Serious Mental Illness. Subst Use Misuse 2021;56(10):1543-1550.
(16) Shapira B, Berkovitz R, Rosca P, Lev-Ran S, Kaptsan A, Neumark Y. Why Switch? - Motivations for Self-Substitution of Illegal Drugs. Subst Use Misuse 2021;56(5):627-638.
(17) Attal JH, Lurie I, Neumark Y. A rapid assessment of migrant careworkers’ psychosocial status during Israel’s COVID-19 lockdown. Isr J Health Policy Res 2020;9(1).
(18) Rosca P, Shapira B, Neumark Y. Isolating the isolated: Implications of COVID-19 quarantine measures on in-patient detoxification treatment for substance use disorders. Int J Drug Policy 2020;83.
(19) Shapira B, Berkovitz R, Rosca P, Neumark Y. Recent Use of Synthetic Cannabinoids, Synthetic Opioids, and Other Psychoactive Drug Groups among High-risk Drug Users. J Psychoact Drugs 2020;52(4):334-343.
(20) Shapira B, Rosca P, Berkovitz R, Gorjaltsan I, Neumark Y. The switch from one substance-of-abuse to another: Illicit drug substitution behaviors in a sample of high-risk drug users. PeerJ 2020;2020(7).
(21) Florentin S, Rosca P, Raskin S, Bdolah-Abram T, Neumark Y. Psychiatric Hospitalizations of Chronic Psychotic Disorder Patients With and Without Dual Diagnosis, Israel, 1963–2016. J Dual Diagn 2019;15(3):130-139.
(22) Zilberman N, Dor Ziderman Y, Zeev-Wolf M, Goldstein A, Yadid G, Neumark Y, et al. Evidence for a differential visual M300 brain response in gamblers. Clin Neurophysiol 2018;129(11):2228-2238.
(23) Zilberman N, Yadid G, Efrati Y, Neumark Y, Rassovsky Y. Personality profiles of substance and behavioral addictions. Addict Behav 2018;82:174-181.
(24) Muhsen K, Green MS, Soskolne V, Neumark Y. Inequalities in non-communicable diseases in Israel – Authors' reply. Lancet 2018;391(10120):537.
(25) Neumark Y. What can ecological studies tell us about death? Isr J Health Policy Res 2017;6(1).
(26) Muhsen K, Green MS, Soskolne V, Neumark Y. Inequalities in non-communicable diseases between the major population groups in Israel: achievements and challenges. Lancet 2017;389(10088):2531-2541.
(27) Adebayo G, Neumark Y, Gesser-Edelsburg A, Ahmad WA, Levine H. Zika pandemic online trends, incidence and health risk communication: A time trend study. BMJ Glob Health 2017;2(3).
(28) Weiss-Faratci N, Lurie I, Neumark Y, Malowany M, Cohen G, Benyamini Y, et al. Perceived social support at different times after myocardial infarction and long-term mortality risk: A prospective cohort study. Ann Epidemiol 2016;26(6):424-428.
(29) Lopez-Quintero C, Neumark Y. Prevalence and determinants of resistance to use drugs among adolescents who had an opportunity to use drugs. Drug Alcohol Depend 2015;149:55-62.
(30) Glantz MD, Medina-Mora ME, Petukhova M, Andrade LH, Anthony JC, De Girolamo G, et al. Alcohol abuse in developed and developing countries in the World Mental Health Surveys: Socially defined consequences or psychiatric disorder? Am J Addict 2014;23(2):145-155.
(31) Neumark Y, Lopez-Quintero C, Feldman BS, Hirsch Allen AJ, Shtarkshall R. Online health information seeking among jewish and arab adolescents in Israel: Results from a national school survey. J Health Commun 2013;18(9):1097-1115.
(32) Usmanova G, Neumark Y, Baras M, McKee M. Patterns of adult tobacco use in Uzbekistan. Eur J Public Health 2012;22(5):704-707.
(33) Neumark Y, Flum L, Lopez-Quintero C, Shtarkshall R. Quality of online health information about oral contraceptives from Hebrew-language websites. Isr J Health Policy Res 2012;1(1).
(34) Neumark Y. Alcohol consumption in israel: A public health and medical problem. Isr Med Assoc J 2012;14(5):315-317.
(35) Neumark Y, Lopez-Quintero C, Bobashev G. Drug use opportunities as opportunities for drug use prevention: Bogotá, Colombia a case in point. Drug Alcohol Depend 2012;122(1-2):127-134.
(36) López-Quintero C, Neumark Y. Barras bravas membership and its influence on drug use. Rev Peru Med Exp Salud Publica 2012;29(1):21-27.
(37) Morse DS, Schiff M, Levit S, Cohen-Moreno R, Williams GC, Neumark Y. A pilot training program for a motivational enhancement approach to hepatitis C virus treatment among individuals in Israeli methadone treatment Centers. Subst Use Misuse 2012;47(1):56-66.
(38) Lopez-Quintero C, Neumark Y. The epidemiology of volatile substance misuse among school children in Bogotá, Colombia. Subst Use Misuse 2011;46(SUPPL. 1):50-56.
(39) Neumark Y, Bar-Hamburger R. Volatile substance misuse among youth in Israel: Results of a National School Survey. Subst Use Misuse 2011;46(SUPPL. 1):21-26.
(40) Lopez-Quintero C, Neumark Y. Effects of risk perception of marijuana use on marijuana use and intentions to use among adolescents in Bogotá, Colombia. Drug Alcohol Depend 2010;109(1-3):65-72.
(41) Lopez-Quintero C, Berry EM, Neumark Y. Limited English Proficiency Is a Barrier to Receipt of Advice about Physical Activity and Diet among Hispanics with Chronic Diseases in the United States. J Am Diet Assoc 2010;110(5 SUPPL.):S62-S67.
(42) Degenhardt L, Dierker L, Chiu WT, Medina-Mora ME, Neumark Y, Sampson N, et al. Evaluating the drug use "gateway" theory using cross-national data: Consistency and associations of the order of initiation of drug use among participants in the WHO World Mental Health Surveys. Drug Alcohol Depend 2010;108(1-2):84-97.
(43) Storr CL, Cheng H, Alonso J, Angermeyer M, Bruffaerts R, de Girolamo G, et al. Smoking estimates from around the world: Data from the first 17 participating countries in the World Mental Health Survey Consortium. Tob Control 2010;19(1):65-74.
(44) Cohen-Moreno R, Schiff M, Levitt S, Bar-Hamburger R, Strauss S, Neumark Y. Knowledge about hepatitis-C among methadone maintenance treatment patients in Israel. Subst Use Misuse 2010;45(1-2):58-76.
(45) De Graaf R, Radovanovic M, Van Laar M, Fairman B, Degenhardt L, Aguilar-Gaxiola S, et al. Early cannabis use and estimated risk of later onset of depression spells: Epidemiologic evidence from the population-based world health organization world mental health survey initiative. Am J Epidemiol 2010;172(2):149-159.
(46) Lopez-Quintero C, Berry EM, Neumark Y. Limited English Proficiency Is a Barrier to Receipt of Advice about Physical Activity and Diet among Hispanics with Chronic Diseases in the United States. J Am Diet Assoc 2009;109(10):1769-1774.
(47) Durst R, Neumark Y, Meiner V, Friedlander Y, Sharon N, Polak A, et al. Increased risk for atherosclerosis of various macrophage scavenger receptor 1 alleles. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 2009;13(5):583-587.
(48) Jaffe DH, Neumark YD, Eisenbach Z, Manor O. Parity-related mortality: Shape of association among middle-aged and elderly men and women. Eur J Epidemiol 2009;24(1):9-16.
(49) Lopez-Quintero C, Freeman P, Neumark Y. Hand washing among school children in Bogotá, Colombia. Am J Public Health 2009;99(1):94-101.
(50) Degenhardt L, Chiu W-, Sampson N, Kessler RC, Anthony JC, Angermeyer M, et al. Toward a global view of alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, and cocaine use: Findings from the WHO world mental health surveys. PLoS Med 2008;5(7):1053-1067.
(51) Jaffe DH, Neumark YD, Eisenbach Z, Manor O. Educational inequalities in mortality among Israeli Jews: Changes over time in a dynamic population. Health Place 2008;14(2):287-298.
(52) Jaffe DH, Manor O, Eisenbach Z, Neumark YD. The Protective Effect of Marriage on Mortality in a Dynamic Society. Ann Epidemiol 2007;17(7):540-547.
(53) Lopez-Quintero C, Crum RM, Neumark YD. Lopez-Quintero et al. respond. Am J Public Health 2007;97(8):1349.
(54) Neumark YD, Lopez-Quintero C, Grinshpoon A, Levinson D. Alcohol drinking patterns and prevalence of alcohol-abuse and dependence in the Israel national health survey. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 2007;44(2):126-135.
(55) Lopez-Quintero C, Crum RM, Neumark YD. Racial/ethnic disparities in report of physician-provided smoking cessation advice: Analysis of the 2000 National Health Interview Survey. Am J Public Health 2006;96(12):2235-2239.
(56) Jaffe DH, Eisenbach Z, Neumark YD, Manor O. Effects of husbands' and wives' education on each other's mortality. Soc Sci Med 2006;62(8):2014-2023.
(57) Ramchandani VA, O'Connor S, Neumark Y, Zimmermann US, Morzorati SL, De Wit H. The alcohol clamp: Applications, challenges, and new directions - An RSA 2004 symposium summary. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2006;30(1):155-164.
(58) Jaffe DH, Eisenbach Z, Neumark YD, Manor O. Does one's own and one's spouse's education affect overall and cause-specific mortality in the elderly? Int J Epidemiol 2005;34(6):1409-1416.
(59) Jaffe DH, Eisenbach Z, Neumark YD, Manor O. Does living in a religiously affiliated neighborhood lower mortality? Ann Epidemiol 2005;15(10):804-810.
(60) Lopez-Quintero C, Shtarkshall R, Neumark YD. Barriers to HIV-testing among Hispanics in the United States: Analysis of the National Health Interview Survey, 2000. AIDS Patient Care STDS 2005;19(10):672-683.
(61) Jaffe DH, Eisenbach Z, Neumark YD, Manor O. Individual, household and neighborhood socioeconomic status and mortality: A study of absolute and relative deprivation. Soc Sci Med 2005;60(5):989-997.
(62) Neumark YD, Grotto I, Kark JD. Twenty-year trends in illicit drug use among young Israelis completing military duty. Addiction 2004;99(5):641-648.
(63) Neumark YD, Friedlander Y, Durst R, Leitersdorf E, Jaffe D, Ramchandani VA, et al. Alcohol Dehydrogenase Polymorphisms Influence Alcohol-Elimination Rates in a Male Jewish Population. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2004;28(1):10-14.
(64) Neumark YD, Rahav G, Jaffe DH. Socio-economic status and binge drinking in Israel. Drug Alcohol Depend 2003;69(1):15-21.
(65) Neumark Y, Friedlander Y. Training in survey and research methods within a Master of Public Health program. Public Health Rev 2002;30(1-4):217-229.
(66) Epstein L, Gofin J, Gofin R, Neumark Y. The Jerusalem experience: Three decades of service, research, and training in community-oriented primary care. Am J Public Health 2002;92(11):1717-1721.
(67) Neumark Y, Friedlander Y, Bar-Hamburger R. Family history and other characteristics of heroin-dependent Jewish males in Israel: Results of a case-control study. Isr Med Assoc J 2002;4(10):766-771.
(68) Neumark YD, Yuffe-Sheinman H, Glasser J, Bar-Hamburger R, Tulchinsky T. Drug and alcohol-related emergency department visits: Results of a pilot survey in two hospitals in Israel. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 2002;39(2):133-139.
(69) Aharonovich E, Hasin D, Rahav G, Meydan J, Neumark Y. Differences in drinking patterns among Ashkenazic and Sephardic Israeli adults. J Stud Alcohol 2001;62(3):301-305.
(70) Neumark YD, Rahav G, Teichman M, Hasin D. Alcohol drinking patterns among Jewish and Arab men and women in Israel. J Stud Alcohol 2001;62(4):443-447.
(71) Delva J, Neumark YD, Furr CDM, Anthony JC. Drug use among welfare recipients in the United States. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 2000;26(2):335-342.
(72) Gofin R, Neumark YD, Adler B. Birthweight recall by mothers of Israeli children. Public Health 2000;114(3):161-163.
(73) Neumark YD, Van Etten ML, Anthony JC. 'Alcohol dependence' and death: Survival analysis of the Baltimore ECA sample from 1981 to 1995. Subst Use Misuse 2000;35(4):533-549.
(74) Neumark YD, Van Etten ML, Anthony JC. 'Drug dependence' and death: Survival analysis of the Baltimore ECA sample from 1981 to 1995. Subst Use Misuse 2000;35(3):313-327.
(75) Van Etten ML, Neumark YD, Anthony JC. Male-female differences in the earliest stages of drug involvement. Addiction 1999;94(9):1413-1419.
(76) Neumark YD, Friedlander Y. Familial resemblance of alcohol consumption levels in Jewish families. Alcohol Alcohol 1998;33(5):509-518.
(77) Hasin D, Rahav G, Meydan J, Neumark Y. The drinking of earlier and more recent Russian immigrants to Israel: Comparison to other Israelis. J Subst Abuse 1998;10(4):341-353.
(78) Neumark YD, Delva J, Anthony JC. The epidemiology of adolescent inhalant drug involvement. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 1998;152(8):781-786.
(79) Neumark YD, Friedlander Y, Thomasson HR, Li T-. Association of the ADH2*2 allele with reduced ethanol consumption in Jewish men in Israel: A pilot study. J Stud Alcohol 1998;59(2):133-139.
(80) Van Etten ML, Neumark YD, Anthony JC. Initial opportunity to use marijuana and the transition to first use: United States, 1979-1994. Drug Alcohol Depend 1997;49(1):1-7.
(81) Neumark YD, Anthony JC. Childhood misbehavior and the risk of injecting drug use. Drug Alcohol Depend 1997;48(3):193-197.
(82) Yanko L, Neumark Y, Hemo Y, Koval R, Yelin N, Romem M, et al. The Israeli ocular injuries study: Incidence of legal blindness from ocular trauma. Isr J Med Sci 1995;31(7):423-428.
(83) Ellencweig AY, Palti H, Neumark Y, Donchin M. Factors affecting the utilization of prenatal health care services in Jerusalem. J Community Health 1993;18(2):109-120.
(84) Neumark Y, Palti H, Donchin M, Ellencweig A-. Utilization of pediatric health services in Jerusalem. J Community Health 1992;17(5):271-282.