(1) Gilad L, Gilad L, Haviv YS, Cohen-Glickman I, Chinitz D, Cohen MJ, et al. Chronic drug treatment among hemodialysis patients: A qualitative study of patients, nursing and medical staff attitudes and approaches. BMC Nephrol 2020;21(1).
(2) Maor M, Sulitzeanu-Kenan R, Chinitz D. When COVID-19, constitutional crisis, and political deadlock meet: the Israeli case from a disproportionate policy perspective. Policy Soc 2020:442-457.
(3) Chinitz D. The more health policies change, the more they change the same way. Isr J Health Policy Res 2019;8(1).
(4) Levi B, Zehavi A, Chinitz D. Taking the measure of the profession: Physician associations in the measurement age. Health Policy 2018;122(7):746-754.
(5) Nissanholtz Gannot R, Chinitz DP, Rosenbaum S. What should health insurance cover? A comparison of Israeli and US approaches to benefit design under national health reform. Health Econ Policy Law 2018;13(2):189-208.
(6) Nissanholtz-Gannot R, Chinitz D. Expensive lifesaving treatments: Allocating resources and maximizing access. Isr J Health Policy Res 2018;7(1).
(7) Monas L, Toren O, Uziely B, Chinitz D. The oncology nurse coordinator: Role perceptions of staff members and nurse coordinators. Isr J Health Policy Res 2017;6(1).
(8) Shafran-Tikva S, Chinitz D, Stern Z, Feder-Bubis P. Violence against physicians and nurses in a hospital: How does it happen? A mixed-methods study. Isr J Health Policy Res 2017;6(1).
(9) Shafran-Tikva S, Zelker R, Stern Z, Chinitz D. Workplace violence in a tertiary care Israeli hospital - a systematic analysis of the types of violence, the perpetrators and hospital departments. Isr J Health Policy Res 2017;6(1).
(10) Kahan NR, Waitman D-, Chinitz DP. Revealed opportunism: How physicians “game” prior authorization protocols until they are rescinded. Am Health Drug Benefits 2016;9(6):304-309.
(11) Chinitz D, Israeli A. Not everything is black or white: Commentary on Filc D and Cohen N, blurring the boundaries between public and private health care services as an alternative explanation for the emergence of black medicine: The Israeli case. Health Econ Policy Law 2016;11(2):215-221.
(12) Chinitz DP. Governance: Blending bureaucratic rules with day to day operational realities: Comment on "governance, government, and the search for new provider models". Int J Health Policy Manag 2016;5(9):553-555.
(13) Kuniavsky M, Kadmon I, Chinitz D. Being a legal guardian - the nursing perspective. Isr J Health Policy Res 2015;4(1).
(14) Catan G, Espanha R, Mendes RV, Toren O, Chinitz D. Health information technology implementation - Impacts and policy considerations: A comparison between Israel and Portugal. Isr J Health Policy Res 2015;4(1).
(15) Brown LD, Chinitz DP. Saltman on solidarity. Isr J Health Policy Res 2015;4(1).
(16) Chinitz DP, Rodwin VG. The health policy and management (HPAM) gap-from diagnosis to prescription: A response to recent commentaries. Int J Health Policy Manag 2015;4(7):495-496.
(17) Catan G, Espanha R, Veloso Mendes R, Toren O, Chinitz D. The Impact of eHealth and mHealth on doctor behavior and patient involvement: An Israeli and Portuguese comparative approach. Stud Health Technol Informatics 2015;210:813-817.
(18) Chinitz D. Governing the allocation of scarce resources: Is health care no longer a special case? Isr J Health Policy Res 2014;3(1).
(19) Chinitz DP, Rodwin VG. On Health Policy and Management (HPAM): Mind the theory-policy-practice gap. Int J Health Policy Manag 2014;3(7):361-363.
(20) Chinitz D, Rodwin VG. What passes and fails as health policy and management. J Health Polit Policy Law 2014;39(5):1113-1126.
(21) Cohen MJ, Brezis M, Block C, Diederich A, Chinitz D. Vaccination, herd behavior, and herd immunity. Med Decis Mak 2013;33(8):1026-1038.
(22) Chinitz D. The special interdisciplinary contribution of institutional economics. Health Econ Policy Law 2013;8(3):387-396.
(23) Frankel M, Chinitz D, Salzberg CA, Reichman K. Sustainable health information exchanges: The role of institutional factors. Isr J Health Policy Res 2013;2(1).
(24) Brezis M, Cohen MJ, Frankel M, Chinitz D. [Challenges and barriers in the promotion of quality in health care services]. Harefuah 2012;151(3):132-"136, 191".
(25) Okma KGH, Crivelli L, Ashton Y, Bolgani I, Cheng T-, Chinitz D, et al. Social policy change "under the radar screen": Health care reforms in seven small countries. Social Policy in the Smaller European Union States; 2011. p. 179-214.
(26) Brezis M, Malkiel A, Chinitz D, Lehmann LS. Discordant views of experts and laypersons on the adoption of new fertility technology. Med Care 2011;49(4):420-423.
(27) Kahan NR, Chinitz DP, Blackman S, Waitman D-, Vardy DA. Modifying prescribing behaviour of angiotensin receptor blockers by selectively rescinding managerial prior authorization requirements for losartan. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2011;72(6):997-1001.
(28) Chinitz D, Israeli A. Priority setting in Israel: Trade-offs have to be made everywhere. BMJ (Online) 2010;341(7784):1179.
(29) Malkiel A, Chinitz D, Lehmann LS, Brezis M. [Oocytes cryopreservation: in which circumstances? Who should pay? Approaches amongst attending IVF physicians and researchers in the field of bioethics and health regulation]. Harefuah 2010;149(10):630-"634, 685".
(30) Feder-Bubis P, Chinitz D. Punctuated equilibrium and path dependency in coexistence: The Israeli health system and theories of change. J Health Polit Policy Law 2010;35(4):595-614.
(31) Okma KGH, Cheng T-, Chinitz D, Crivelli L, Lim M-, Maarse H, et al. Six Countries, six health reform models? health care reform in Chile, Israel, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan and The Netherlands. J Comp Policy Anal Res Pract 2010;12(1-2):75-113.
(32) Chinitz D, Meislin R, Alster-Grau I. Values, institutions and shifting policy paradigms: Expansion of the Israeli National Health Insurance Basket of Services. Health Policy 2009;90(1):37-44.
(33) Chinitz D, Meislin R. Israel: Partial health care reform as laboratory of ongoing change. Six Countries, Six Reform Models: The Healthcare Reform: Experience of Israel, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland and Taiwan: Healthcare Reforms "under the Radar Screen"; 2009. p. 25-41.
(34) Chinitz D. Coping accountably in a dangerous world. Health Econ Policy Law 2007;2(Pt 4):449-455.
(35) Kahan NR, Chinitz DP, Waitman D-, Dushnitzky D, Kahan E, Shapiro M. Empiric treatment of uncomplicated urinary tract infection with fluoroquinolones in older women in Israel: Another lost treatment option? Ann Pharmacother 2006;40(12):2223-2227.
(36) Kahan NR, Chinitz DP, Waitman D-, Kahan E. When gatekeepers meet the sentinel: The impact of a prior authorization requirement for cefuroxime on the prescribing behaviour of community-based physicians. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2006;61(3):341-344.
(37) Kahan NR, Waitman D-, Blackman S, Chinitz DP. Suboptimal pneumococcal pneumonia vaccination rates among patients at risk in a managed care organization in Israel. J Managed Care Pharm 2006;12(2):152-156.
(38) Shalev C, Chinitz D. Joe public v. the general public: The role of the courts in Israeli health care policy. J Law Med Ethics 2005;33(4):650-659.
(39) Kahan NR, Chinitz DP, Waitman DA, Kahan E. Empiric treatment of uncomplicated UTI in women: Wasting money when more is not better. J Clin Pharm Ther 2004;29(5):437-441.
(40) Kahan NR, Kahan E, Waitman D-, Chinitz DP. Economic evaluation of an updated guideline for the empiric treatment of uncomplicated urinary tract infection in women. Isr Med Assoc J 2004;6(10):588-591.
(41) Kahan NR, Chinitz DP, Kahan E. Physician adherence to recommendations for duration of empiric antibiotic treatment for uncomplicated urinary tract infection in women: A national drug utilization analysis. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2004;13(4):239-242.
(42) Kahan NR, Chinitz DP, Kahan E. Longer than recommended empiric antibiotic treatment of urinary tract infection in women: An avoidable waste of money. J Clin Pharm Ther 2004;29(1):59-63.
(43) Chinitz D. Health technology assessment in four countries: Response from political science. Int J Technol Assess Health Care 2004;20(1):55-60.
(44) Kahan E, Kahan NR, Chinitz DP. Urinary tract infection in women - Physician's preferences for treatment and adherence to guidelines: A national drug utilization study in a managed care setting. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2003;59(8-9):663-668.
(45) Israeli A, Chinitz DP. Updating the basket of health services. Harefuah 2003;142(2):100-102+159.
(46) Chinitz D. Principles for planning the teaching of health policy in an MPH program. Public Health Rev 2002;30(1-4):255-260.
(47) Shmueli A, Chinitz D. Risk-adjusted capitation: The Israeli experience. Eur J Public Health 2001;11(2):182-184.
(48) Chinitz D. Regulated competition and citizen participation: Lessons from Israel. Health Expect 2000;3(2):90-96.
(49) Chinitz D, Israeli A. Rationing: how and who? Isr Med Assoc J 1999;1(3):210-214.
(50) Chinitz D. Commentary. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 1998;35(3):178-183.
(51) Chinitz D, Shalev C, Galai N, Israeli A. Israel's basic basket of health services: The importance of being explicitly implicit. Br Med J 1998;317(7164):1005-1007.
(52) Gross R, Rosen B, Chinitz D. Evaluating the Israeli health care reform: Strategy, challenges and lessons. Health Policy 1998;45(2):99-117.
(53) Israeli A, Ashkenazi Y, Chinitz D. Israel--a health system in transition. Physician Exec 1998;24(2):39-42.
(54) Bentur N, Berg A, Gross R, Chinitz D. Health system reform and the elderly: The case of Israel. J Aging Soc Policy 1998;10(2):85-104.
(55) Chinitz D, Israeli A. Health Reform and Rationing in Israel. Health Aff 1997;16(5):205-210.
(56) Chinitz DP. Managed competition: A balanced view. Eur J Public Health 1995;5(3):156.
(57) Chinitz D. Israel's health policy breakthrough: The politics of reform and the reform of politics. J Health Polit Policy Law 1995;20(4):909-932.
(58) Gross R, Chinitz D. Assessment by the primary care physician of his influence on the patient's hospital choice and of his own ability to evaluate hospital quality. Harefuah 1995;129(3-4):90-"95, 159".
(59) Chernichovsky D, Chinitz D. The political economy of health system reform in Israel. Health Econ 1995;4(2):127-141.
(60) Chinitz DP. Reforming the Israeli health care market. Soc Sci Med 1994;39(10):1447-1457.
(61) Ellencweig AY, Chinitz DP. Israel's health system reform: The role of management in ensuring access and improving health status. Eur J Public Health 1993;3(2):85-91.
(62) Chinitz D. Coronary artery bypass surgery . Isr J Med Sci 1992;28(8-9):750.