(1) Olumide AO, Shmueli A, Omotade OO, Adebayo ES, Alonge TO, Ogun GO. Economic costs of terminal care for selected non-communicable diseases from a healthcare perspective: A review of mortality records from a tertiary hospital in Nigeria. BMJ Open 2021;11(4).
(2) Kohn Y, Shmueli A. Toward risk adjustment in mental health in Israel: Calculation of risk adjustment rates from large outpatient and inpatient databases. Isr J Health Policy Res 2020;9(1).
(3) Jalloh MB, Bah AJ, James PB, Sevalie S, Hann K, Shmueli A. Impact of the free healthcare initiative on wealth-related inequity in the utilization of maternal & child health services in Sierra Leone. BMC Health Serv Res 2019;19(1).
(4) Politzer E, Shmueli A, Avni S. The economic burden of health disparities related to socioeconomic status in Israel. Isr J Health Policy Res 2019;8(1).
(5) Hasanova R, Mentzakis E, Paolucci F, Shmueli A. Beyond DRG: The effect of socio-economic indicators on inpatient resource allocation in Australia. Health Policy Technol 2018;7(3):302-309.
(6) Simon-Tuval T, Shmueli A, Harman-Boehm I. Adherence of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus to medications: the role of risk preferences. Curr Med Res Opin 2018;34(2):345-351.
(7) Brammli-Greenberg S, Glazer J, Shmueli A. Regulated competition and health plan payment under the national health insurance law in Israel-the unfinished story. Risk Adjustment, Risk Sharing and Premium Regulation in Health Insurance Markets: Theory and Practice; 2018. p. 365-395.
(8) Shmueli A. Do the equity-efficiency preferences of the Israeli Basket Committee match those of Israeli health policy makers? Isr J Health Policy Res 2017;6(1).
(9) Shmueli A, Golan O, Paolucci F, Mentzakis E. Efficiency and equity considerations in the preferences of health policy-makers in Israel. Isr J Health Policy Res 2017;6(1).
(10) Simon-Tuval T, Shmueli A, Harman-Boehm I. Adherence to Self-Care Behaviors among Patients with Type 2 Diabetes—The Role of Risk Preferences. Value Health 2016;19(6):844-851.
(11) Engelchin-Nissan E, Shmueli A. Private finance of services covered by the National Health Insurance package of benefits in Israel. Isr J Health Policy Res 2015;4(1).
(12) Shmueli A, Stam P, Wasem J, Trottmann M. Managed care in four managed competition OECD health systems. Health Policy 2015;119(7):860-873.
(13) Shmueli A. On the calculation of the Israeli risk adjustment rates. Eur J Health Econ 2015;16(3):271-277.
(14) Shmueli A. Income-related inequalities in health and health services use in Israel. Isr J Health Policy Res 2014;3(1).
(15) Shmueli A. Do rich Israelis wait less for medical care? Isr J Health Policy Res 2014;3(1).
(16) Shmueli A, Savage E. Private and public patients in public hospitals in Australia. Health Policy 2014;115(2-3):189-195.
(17) Shmueli A, Fraifeld S, Peretz T, Gutfeld O, Gips M, Sosna J, et al. Cost-effectiveness of baseline low-dose computed tomography screening for lung cancer: The israeli experience. Value Health 2013;16(6):922-931.
(18) Shmueli A, Nissan-Engelcin E. Local availability of physicians' services as a tool for implicit risk selection. Soc Sci Med 2013;84:53-60.
(19) Van de Ven WPMM, Beck K, Buchner F, Schokkaert E, Schut FTE, Shmueli A, et al. Preconditions for efficiency and affordability in competitive healthcare markets: Are they fulfilled in Belgium, Germany, Israel, the Netherlands and Switzerland? Health Policy 2013;109(3):226-245.
(20) Shmueli A, Israeli A. Adjusting health expenditure for military spending and interest payment: Israel and the OECD countries. Isr J Health Policy Res 2013;2(1).
(21) Nissanholtz-Gannot R, Rosen B, Aviram A, Cohen A, Horev T, Lev B, et al. Monitoring quality in Israeli primary care: The primary care physicians' perspective. Isr J Health Policy Res 2012;1(1).
(22) Jaffe DH, Shmueli A, Ben-Yehuda A, Paltiel O, Calderon R, Cohen AD, et al. Community healthcare in Israel: Quality indicators 2007-2009. Isr J Health Policy Res 2012;1(1).
(23) Shmueli A, Meiri H, Gonen R. Economic assessment of screening for pre-eclampsia. Prenat Diagn 2012;32(1):29-38.
(24) Shmueli A. Switching sickness funds in Israel: Adverse selection or risk selection? Some insights from the analysis of the relative costs of switchers. Health Policy 2011;102(2-3):247-254.
(25) Shmueli A, Engelcin-Nissan E. [What determines the market shares of the health funds in Israeli localities?]. Harefuah 2011;150(8):650-"654, 688".
(26) Shmueli A, Igudin I, Shuval J. Change and stability: Use of complementary and alternative medicine in Israel: 1993, 2000 and 2007. Eur J Public Health 2011;21(2):254-259.
(27) Ojeniran M, Shouval R, Miskin IN, Moses AE, Shmueli A. Costs of appropriate and inappropriate use of antibiotics in the emergency department. Isr Med Assoc J 2010;12(12):742-746.
(28) Shmueli A, Messika D, Zmora I, Oberman B. Health care costs during the last 12 months of life in Israel: Estimation and implications for risk-adjustment. Int J Health Care Financ Econ 2010;10(3):257-273.
(29) Sax P, Shmueli A. Impact of pharmaceutical regulation and policies on health system performance goals in Israel. Adv Health Econ Health Serv Res 2010;22:77-101.
(30) Shmueli A, Messika D. Economies of scale in the Israeli health funds market: Estimation and implications. Isr Econ Rev 2009;7(2):41-54.
(31) Bech M, Christiansen T, Dunham K, Lauridsen J, Lyttkens CH, Mcdonald K, et al. The influence of economic incentives and regulatory factors on the adoption of treatment technologies: A case study of technologies used to treat heart attacks. Health Econ 2009;18(10):1114-1132.
(32) Perelman J, Shmueli A, McDonald KM, Pilote L, Saynina O, Closon M-. Inequality in treatment use among elderly patients with acute myocardial infarction: USA, Belgium and Quebec. BMC Health Serv Res 2009;9.
(33) Shmueli A. Economic evaluation of the decisions of the Israeli Public Committee for updating the national list of health services in 2006/2007. Value Health 2009;12(2):202-206.
(34) Shmueli A. The demand for clinical information and for involvement in medical treatment decision making: An empirical examination in the general population. J Socio-econ 2008;37(5):1746-1755.
(35) Shavit O, Leshno M, Goldberger A, Shmueli A, Hoffman A. The authors' reply. Pharmacoeconomics 2008;26(10):892-894.
(36) Shmueli A, Achdut L, Sabag-Endeweld M. Financing the package of services during the first decade of the national health insurance law in Israel: Trends and issues. Health Policy 2008;87(3):273-284.
(37) Shmueli A, Messika D, Murad H, Freedman L. Does greater exposure to own-health data make a difference on the visual analog scale? Eur J Health Econ 2008;9(1):63-67.
(38) Shmueli A, Nissan-Englcin E. Economic examination of the 2006/7 update of the Israeli national list of health services. Harefuah 2008;147(6):488-492.
(39) Perelman J, Shmueli A, Closon M-. Deriving a risk-adjustment formula for hospital financing: Integrating the impact of socio-economic status on length of stay. Soc Sci Med 2008;66(1):88-98.
(40) Shmueli A, Bendelac J, Achdut L. Who switches sickness funds in Israel? Health Econ Policy Law 2007;2(3):251-265.
(41) Shmueli A, Tamir D. Health behavior and religiosity among Israeli Jews. Isr Med Assoc J 2007;9(10):703-707.
(42) Zuckerman S, Lahad A, Shmueli A, Zimran A, Peleg L, Orr-Urtreger A, et al. Carrier screening for gaucher disease: Lessons for low-penetrance, treatable diseases. J Am Med Assoc 2007;298(11):1281-1290.
(43) Shmueli A. It might be premature to reject the assumption of a power curve relationship between VAS and SG data: Three comments on stevens, McCabe and Brazier's mapping between VAS and SG data; results from the UK Hui index 2 valuation survey'. Health Econ 2007;16(7):755-758.
(44) Shmueli A, Shuval J. Are users of complementary and alternative medicine sicker than non-users? Evid -Based Complement Altern Med 2007;4(2):251-255.
(45) Magnezi R, Weiss Y, Cohen Y, Shmueli A. Development of a capitation scale for IDF career soldiers in Israel. Health Policy 2007;80(3):459-464.
(46) Shmueli A. Health and religiosity among Israeli Jews. Eur J Public Health 2007;17(1):104-111.
(47) Shavit O, Leshno M, Goldberger A, Shmueli A, Hoffman A. It's time to choose the study design! Net benefit analysis of alternative study designs to acquire information for evaluation of health technologies. Pharmacoeconomics 2007;25(11):903-911.
(48) Shmueli A, Shuval J. Complementary and alternative medicine: Beyond users and nonusers. Complement Ther Med 2006;14(4):261-267.
(49) Shmueli A, Shuval J. Satisfaction with family physicians and specialists and the use of complementary and alternative medicine in Israel. Evid -Based Complement Altern Med 2006;3(2):273-278.
(50) Shmueli A, Haklai Z, Gordon ES. Towards the inclusion of health state in the israeli risk-adjustment scheme using medical diagnoses - Some intermediate results. Harefuah 2005;144(3):173-177.
(51) Shmueli A. The visual analogy rating scale of health-related quality of life: An examination of end-digit preferences. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2005;3.
(52) Shmueli A, Sprung CL. Assessing the in-hospital survival benefits of intensive care. Int J Technol Assess Health Care 2005;21(1):66-72.
(53) Shmueli A, Baras M, Sprung CL. The effect of intensive care on in-hospital survival. Health Serv Outcomes Res Methodol 2004;5(3-4):163-174.
(54) Laske-Aldershof T, Schut E, Beck K, Greaß S, Shmueli A, Van De Voorde C. Consumer mobility in social health insurance markets: A five-country comparison. Appl Health Econ Health Policy 2004;3(4):229-241.
(55) Shmueli A. Population health and income inequality: New evidence from Israeli time-series analysis. Int J Epidemiol 2004;33(2):311-317.
(56) Shmueli A. The Relationship between the Visual Analog Scale and the SF-36 Scales in the General Population: An Update. Med Decis Mak 2004;24(1):61-63.
(57) Shmueli A, Shuval J. Use of complementary and alternative medicine in Israel: 2000 vs. 1993. Isr Med Assoc J 2004;6(1):3-8.
(58) Shmueli A, Sprung CL, Kaplan EH. Optimizing admissions to an intensive care unit. Health Care Manage Sci 2003;6(3):131-136.
(59) Shmueli A. Socio-economic and demographic variation in health and in its measures: The issue of reporting heterogeneity. Soc Sci Med 2003;57(1):125-134.
(60) Shmueli A, Chernichovsky D, Zmora I. Risk adjustment and risk sharing: The Israeli experience. Health Policy 2003;65(1):37-48.
(61) Van De Ven WPMM, Beck K, Buchner F, Chernichovsky D, Gardiol L, Holly A, et al. Risk adjustment and risk selection on the sickness fund insurance market in five European countries. Health Policy 2003;65(1):75-98.
(62) Shmueli A. Israelis evaluate their health care system before and after the introduction of the national health insurance law. Health Policy 2003;63(3):279-287.
(63) Shmueli A, Intrator O, Israeli A. The effects of introducing prospective payments to general hospitals on length of stay, quality of care, and hospitals' income: The early experience of Israel. Soc Sci Med 2002;55(6):981-989.
(64) Shmueli A. Reporting heterogeneity in the measurement of health and health-related quality of life. Pharmacoeconomics 2002;20(6):405-412.
(65) Shmueli A. The effect of health on acute care supplemental insurance ownership: An empirical analysis. Health Econ 2001;10(4):341-350.
(66) Shmueli A, Chinitz D. Risk-adjusted capitation: The Israeli experience. Eur J Public Health 2001;11(2):182-184.
(67) Moreland A, McClellan M, Kessler D, Saynina O, Hobbs M, Ridout S, et al. Technological change around the world: Evidence from heart attack care. Health Aff 2001;20(3):25-42.
(68) Shmueli A. Horizontal equity in medical care: A study of the Israeli public's views. Isr Med Assoc J 2000;2(10):746-752.
(69) Shmueli A. A note on risk adjustment and fair compensation. Health Econ 2000;9(6):561-564.
(70) Shmueli A. Inequality in medical care in Israel: Arabs and Jews in the Jerusalem district of the General Sick Fund. Eur J Public Health 2000;10(1):18-23.
(71) Shmueli A. Investing in early detection versus intensive treatment for breast cancer: A study of the Israeli public priorities. Health Expect 1999;2(3):179-184.
(72) Shmueli A. Inferring capitation rates from aggregate health plans' costs. Health Econ 1999;8(6):547-552.
(73) Mozes B, Maor Y, Shmueli A. Do we know what global ratings of health-related quality of life measure? Qual Life Res 1999;8(3):269-273.
(74) Mozes B, Maor Y, Shmueli A. The competing effects of disease states on quality of life of the elderly: The case of urinary symptoms in men. Qual Life Res 1999;8(1-2):93-99.
(75) Shmueli A. Survival vs. quality of life: A study of the Israeli public priorities in medical care. Soc Sci Med 1999;49(3):297-302.
(76) Shmueli A, Cullen MR. Birth weight, maternal age, and education: New observations from Connecticut and Virginia. Yale J Biol Med 1999;72(4):245-258.
(77) Shmueli A, Glazer J. Addressing the inequity of capitation by variable soft contracts. Health Econ 1999;8(4):335-343.
(78) Shmueli A. Subjective health status and health values in the general population. Med Decis Mak 1999;19(2):122-127.
(79) Shmueli A. The SF-36 profile and health-related quality of life: An interpretative analysis. Qual Life Res 1998;7(3):187-195.
(80) Shmueli A. Supplemental health insurance ownership in Israel: An empirical analysis and some implications. Soc Sci Med 1998;46(7):821-829.
(81) Lewin-Epstein N, Sagiv-Schifter T, Shabtai EL, Shmueli A. Validation of the 36-Item Short-Form Health Survey (Hebrew Version) in the Adult Population of Israel. Med Care 1998;36(9):1361-1370.
(82) Mozes B, Shmueli A. Underutilization of health services among patients with urinary symptoms: Results of a population-based survey in Israel. Prostate 1997;33(4):246-251.
(83) Shmueli A. Excluding Nonusers: A Source of Bias in Research on Satisfaction with Health Services. Med Care 1997;35(8):867-871.
(84) Shmueli A. Israelis evaluate their health care system. Isr J Med Sci 1996;32(7):555-561.
(85) Shmueli A. Smoking cessation and health. J Health Econ 1996;15(6):751-754; discussion 755-759.
(86) Bernstein JH, Shmueli A, Shuval JT. Consultations with practitioners of alternative medicine. Harefuah 1996;130(2):83-"85, 144, 143".
(87) Shmueli A. Cost-effective outlays for better health outcomes. World Health Forum 1995;16(3):287-292.
(88) Glazer J, Shmueli A. The physician's behavior and equity under a fundholding contract. Eur Econ Rev 1995;39(3-4):781-785.